Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Rules

The Rules for my book list are simple:
  1. Must start at least one book each month. I don't like to read more than one book at a time, so basically, I guess this means I must finish at least one book per month as well.
  2. Must give each book a fair chance. I have to read at least 10 chapters or 1/3 of the book before I decide to continue on or abandon the book.
  3. Must not spend any money on books. None of the books can be purchased. Each book on the list has to be a) borrowed from a library b) borrowed from a friend c) found online as an e-book or d) downloaded as an audiobook (this is a last resort. I love audiobooks but to really experience the book, I feel it needs to be in text form. Being able to hold the book is ideal.)
  4. Have fun! Enjoy reading the book. Research the author. Get the backstory on the book. Find out what others thought of it. Learn something new with each book.

No comments:

Post a Comment